The window on my home’s front door has no curtain or blind, which is something I’ve long wanted to fix since it looks straight out onto the street. There are plenty of basic options that will get the job done, but I’ve been holding out for something a little fancier — and preferably something that I can automate, or. I mean, come on. Who doesn’t want to live like a Bond villain?
- Incredible value compared to competitors like Lutron, Somfy and Tilt.
- Easy-to-use app covers all of the bases for smart control, grouping and scheduling.
- Simple, easy to use voice controls vie Siri, Alexa or the Google Assistant.
- Removable, rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Magnetic wireless remote comes included.
- Totally non-customizable design, available only in gray.
- Slightly ugly metal housing.
- Gateway device for app and voice controls sold separately.
- Mounting screws not included.
- No way to manually raise or lower the shades when the battery is dead.
Enter the budget-friendly home furnishings of Ikea. After initially getting its feet wet with, the Swedish retailer that it was working on app- and voice-enabled roller blinds to