Anker has been making some surprisingly good portable Bluetooth speakers for $100. Not too long ago I reviewed the($100), which is a little bigger than your typical compact wireless speaker, but delivers bold sound for its size with plump bass. The Rave Neo is a different beast — it’s referred to as a “party speaker” and has a built-in handle and LEDs — but it, too, costs $100 and packs some good punch.
- Plays loud for its size with plump bass.
- Easy to carry around with integrated handle.
- IPX7 waterproof.
- Built-in LEDs pulse to your music.
- USB-C charging.
- Less than $100.
- Can be wirelessly linked with other Rave Neo and Soundcore Flare speakers.
- Some may find lights unnecessary.
- Mono sound.
Anker describes the sound as “colossal.” I wouldn’t go quite that far, but it can play pretty loud — it’s rated at 50 watts, for whatever that spec is worth — and pushes out a good helping of bass (it sounds best with the BassUp bass boost mode always activated). The sound isn’t exactly refined, but the sound profile works well outside or in a bigger space because the bass gets dispersed and